Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lexie's toes....

Lexie had her procedure done on her toes yesterday (to cut the nail beds on both big toes to prevent her from having ingrown toenails that she has been having since she was 2 years old). She was quite nervous. After the nurse came in and told her what was going to happen she walked out to get the Dr and Lexie started to cry. I told her everything would be OK. The Dr came in and started the shots. This had to be the worse part of the whole procedure. When I tell you Lex was screaming. She said it was so painful and even after two Z packs she still had an infection in her toes so that made it more painful. Once the shots were done, it was smooth sailing. We even managed to go and take an AR test for school after we left!! We ate lunch and by this time the shots were starting to wear off and she was complaining about the pain again. We got home and I gave her half a pain pill that was prescribed to her. Early this morning she came meet us and told me that her toes were hurting again. I let her crawl in bed with us only to bump her toe with my foot and then right after that the cat jumped in bed and guess where she landed...yep on that same toe I had just hit. So after all that I ended up taking the day off again today to be with her. I felt like she needed me to stay with her. I know if I would have went to work I would have regretted going. She is doing better right now. I gave her an Advil early this morning and she just soaked her feet and we are about to eat lunch then I will probably give her half a pain pill. I know that once all of this is over with, she will know that it was the best decision because she will be able to walk and not be in pain anymore!!!!

No comments: